Teffola Butter - Teff Granola Butter Recipe
We have a new way to enjoy Teffola for you!
- 3 cups Teffola in any flavor
- 1/4 cup - 1/2 cup Olive oil or another oil that is liquid at room temperature
- Pour Teffola into food processor
- Put lid on and turn on
- While processor is on and Teffola starts to break down into little pieces, slowly pour olive oil through the feeder
- Start with 1/4 cup of oil and then let the food processor do it’s thing for a while.
- After 1-2 minutes of blending, if the Teffola still looks pretty dry and isn’t approaching a spreadable consistency, add another 2 Tablespoons of your oil.
- Let blend another 2-3 minutes
- To test the spreadability, stop the food processor and watch for the Teffola butter to slowly move towards the blade. Check with a spoon and if you want it runnier, add another tablespoon of oil.
- Pour finished product into glass jars. Teffola Butter might be a bit warm depending on how long you ran the food processor so leave the lid off until it fully cools.
Oil - olive oil is the best option as it’s pretty neutral in flavor. Other great options are sunflower oil, rapeseed, or avocado oil
Teffola - the amount of oil you’ll use depends on which flavor of Teffola you pick! Berry Burst has less oil than the Original and will need closer to 1/2 cup of oil. I only used 1/4 cup of oil with Teffola Original.
Consistency - this one is totally up to you! If you like some texture and chunks in your “butters” then hold back a 1/2 cup of Teffola and add in at the end before you pour into your jars.
Uses - dip apple slices or other fruit into Teffola Butter, spread over toast, bagels or crackers, Teffola Butter and jam sandwiches, pit a date then fill with Teffola Butter and coat in melted chocolate. You could drizzle over oatmeal or yogurt bowls or add to smoothies. So many options!
I made this up when I was staring at no fewer than 6 bags of opened Teffola Original in my cupboard and needed the space. What I really love about this spreadable butter compared to other nut butters is how much it tastes EXACTLY like Teffola but in a dippable form!
Teffola Berry Burst turns a very pretty subtle pink from the strawberries! Highly recommend tossing in some other freeze dried fruit like blueberries or raspberries if you have them. And Chocolate Charm? The smell alone is enough to make me stop everything and find a banana to dip in it! Check out the Instagram video of our founder Claire making this HERE.